Thursday 16 December 2010

Digital Film Year 2 - Music, Ideas and Crewing

For the film I choose this music of free music archive, the song is called "Transisor" by Bildmesiter whoch can be viewed here

http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Bildmeister/You_Are_Not_Stealing_Bor_Land/06_Bildmeister_Transistor

reasons I chose this song, apart from the very poor selection of music they had uploaded to the site, Firstly I didnt want any lyrics in the song because I thought it would ruin the atmosphere Im trying to create and I didnt want to spend time relating some of the lyrics to the music video and make it feel more apropiate, So idealy a kind of instrumental was best searching for and I believe my selection whilst not perfect does create an apropiate atmosphere and I actually didnt mind the tune, alot better than most of the rubish uploaded. Secondly I liked the structure of the song and I really like the build up into the more heavy part which I think could potentially work well in the build up to an event possibly to the part inwhich he enters the dream, which could look great if done well and maybe when later on in the structure it breaks down again to a softer tempo which I have an idea in where the charcter falls over and have the music build up again to a main part in the storyline which Im undecided too.

Carrying on in the development I have a idea on some potential locations inwhich to shoot my film which I will talk about more in my next blog where I will display my storyboard and How im going to tackle certain issues. The basic plot im going for, is the character all shot in a first person view comes home,the character is slighlt depressed as he cant get over a part in his life which im not sure as to what yet. maybe a unavoidable event. And goes into a dreamlike state where he's reminded and he tries to escape until he puts the gun on himself and awakens up. Thats the basic plot though will go into a more detailed aproach next blog and I beleive the Music will relate well to the storyline and create a great atmosphere.

For crewing on my project, I didnt think I would need alot of people for the shooting, one person to do the filming, I wont need any lights with it been outside so can cross that of the list. I might need one actor, been thinking of having somone who we keep seeing in the dream state, prefebly a girl inwhich Ive asked about a friend helping me out to which she said yes. I could do with someone warning the public of filming, whilst ideally I dont want anyone to feature in the film I might have to compremise as to the area of leeds im hoping of filming is a failry busy place and me and Dan are going to do the editing and effects part of the film.

For the briefe I had to help out on atleast 2 other projects because I was directing my own film,In which I helped out on 3 projects.

Chris Project - Didnt really do much but just help out a little on the set, nothing important but helped out a little with the green screen, was benificial cause I was thinking of using it so was helpful to see it in use which I was greatful about.

John and Matts Project - Was a very technical project and I found it really intersting helping them out and they came up with a brilliant idea, and liked the way they tackled their problems, such the use of a remote control. I helped out a little in controlling the car and did a little shooting / photography on the project. Heres a couple of bad pictures, just to confirm I was their basically.




Finally I helped out on Robbie's project, Just did some behind the scenes footage which he asked for, and helped out some more on set, and he did a few tests on me first before he went ahead with filming, I also helped out a little with the lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment