Tuesday 23 February 2010

Comparisons Between 2 Reviews

I read alot of reviews whether its music,games or film, so I have a brief knowledge on how to write reviews, and ive been a big fan of the Officil Xbox Magazine for a few years now so ive kind of took influence from them in writing my review, I say both reviews tend to start of by grabbing the readers interest, as I believe the first paragraph is the most important in any review as you need to keep the viewer hooked. another important aspect is to consider the audience in which you are writing too, which I think both reviews have achieved well as I went for an informal review as I believe its more apropiate considering the audience im writing to consisting mainly of teens/younger adults who arnt really interested in the technology side such how the game was made, but more about whether the game is good and so on. It is also important to use apropiate words that you know your viewers will understand which both reviews do. Obviously there review goes into more detail and is alot longer and may mention stuff I have'nt as I had a 500 word limit, but I got across the main points, Both reviews also have a conclusion of somesort and a rating system. There review goes into more detail as such like recomending other games and such but I believe both reviews are very similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment