Tuesday 24 November 2009

About Me Poster




This was a mini Brief we were given in which we were told to create a A4 poster about ourselves and our interests, however we were forbidden from using text, we were given the freedom to experiment with different types of digitally manipulated images. For my poster I decided to take a more graphical aproach cause im more influenced from this type of media,heres a list of references

Xbox 360 - Took a picure and drew other it in Illustrator, with this been one of my main hobbies, I placed this as more as a focus point and enlarged the image in comparison

Ipod - Took picture and drew other it, placed in the center as its the one item that would describe me best as listening to music is my bigest influence/hobbie

Guitar - Again followed a similar procedure to previous 2, reasons I placed this as one of the main images which displays about me most, Is to emphasise my interest in music, and I also enjoy playing music aswell as listening.

With The 3 main images completed I then decided to experiment with all kinds of images I could find from my Flat, I searched through my Clothing,Magazines,Stickers,Beer Mats,Patches and so on to try create an eye catching poster.

Spades Bottom Left - This imagery came from my Belt which I scanned in and edited the image on photoshop. I really like as It displays a double purpose, First im a keen Card player and secondly I'm a big fan of this kind of clothing range and I love the use of colours.

Band Logo Patch Top Left - This is a Chimaira band logo patch which I have on my bag, which I scanned in, reasons I used it is first I really like the band and its one of my favorite band logo's and is such a simple design, yet I really like it and as u know Im a big fan of band artwork.

Spam T-shirt Illustration (Arnold Schwarzenegger) - Scanned in from a t-shirt I have, reasons I used this image is im a big fan of movies, and Terminator 1 happens to be one of my favorite movies, other reasons Im a big fan of illustrations/cartoons and I really like the spam clothing range and have a few other designs including Clint Eastwood and Jason (Friday 13).

Vans Stickers (fingerprint & Snake) - Scanned in from a bunch of stickers I received at College, reasons I used these is Im a big fan of Vans, especially there shoe range and the vans warped tour

Paint The Stars t-shirt (far right) - scanned the image from my t-shirt, reasons I really like the image and like alot of the clothing companys work

After receiving feedback from my class, I think i sucseeded in the main part of the brief as they could easily tell from the Poster, infomation about me and what my interests were, and they commented it was eye catching with plenty happening, however they suggested I should have experimented with different colours and arangements of the images and suggested I should get fill up the empty white space. Overall I quite enjoyed this mini brief and learnt i need to put more development into my ideas and come up with several instead of just one to develop which I can take into the main brief

No comments:

Post a Comment