Thursday 19 November 2009

Dan Mumford







One of my biggest Influences in what I want to acheive today has been the work and Illustrtions of dan Mumford, as u can tell Im also hugely influenced by Music and anything from band artwork to Music videos, and he has designed many illustrations whether it be album artwork to T-shirt Merchandise, He has worked with some of my Favorite bands including Protest The Hero, A Day To Remember,Gallows,Set Your Goals,The Black Dahlia Murder and so the list is endless.I also purchased one of the Black Dahlia Murder t-shirts he designed at one of there shows. Aside from band artwork he was also did some work For the ford fiesta campaign and has done some illustations for Digital Arts Magazines.
Reasons why I like his work his I love the dark atmosphere he creats within his images and I love the use of colours he uses and love the amount of detail he goes into in his illustartions and I like the way he just keep up coming with amazing ideas and the way he varys his designs and his wild imagination and the charaters he designs in his work and the emotion he shows in them, and yeh im just a massive fan of his work.
So yeh I can take influence from much of his work as I am very keen in going onto doing something similar whether that be designing band artwork, though I am also keen on designing charctets/environments for video games/films and so on so I can take huge influence from his work and can take it onto projects such as recently I had to design a Character, inwhich I took influence of from his work in designing a kinda of dark and creepy charcter and I used kind of interesting colour scheme such as greens and purples. So yeh I'd reccomend his work to everyone its brilliant and would love to achieve his standard of work.so yeh check out his work at

http://www.dan-mumford.com/

1 comment:

  1. hey, awesome post. I love Dan Mumford and I'm gonna recommend some more artists for you if you don't already know them. (:
    Uzi Emperado (does a lot of cover art and merch for bands- pretty similar to DM)
    John Baizley (has some really epic shit)
    Esao Andrews (totally different style but he did the cover art for Circa Survive's 'Juturna')
    Antony Micallef (a little more realistic but still pretty badass.)

    ReplyDelete