Tuesday 24 November 2009

Ralph Steadman





I first got to now about Ralph Steadman when I went to the library and was looking for influence for a project on my last course, and ever since I picked up one of his book I have been a huge admirer of his work, Reasons why I really like his work he creates very synful characters and imagery and I like the way he expresses emotion in his characters, and the way he is not afraid to go beyond the boundaries for example Having Mouths flying off, which is linked to alot of dark humour he uses, which I really like. I like the way alot of his work have messages behind, even though sometimes looking at his work it apears completly random but he tells the reasons behind all of his works, So yeh I just like the way he experiments and I like the way none of his drawings are perfect as that adds to his style,as he goes for the kind of messy inky style, and I just love some of his ideas he comes up and the characters he comes up with such as the Exploding Volcano image which I could not find unfortunatly,But yeh I just love the way he' comes up with some crazy imaginitive characters for exaple combining 2 completly contrasting elements to create breathtaking characters, So yeh I could defatly take influences from Ralph for the character design brief, as I'd like to get pen on paper and come up with some crazy character illusrtations and experiment. Check out his amazing work.

http://www.ralphsteadman.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment