Thursday 19 November 2009

Artwork Influence



This is one of my favorite examples of band artwork, Its from a band called Protest The Hero and the album is called Fortress, I could not recomend this band enougth so check them out, anyway Im hear to write about the artwork, which I simply love, at first look it just looks like a bunch of unrealted images, But you have to read and listen to the lyrics to gather a understanding, as the album follows a fantasy theme which u can see relates to the artwork with good use of colour, note the use of a purple background and light colour tones represents this well,I also love the textures used. The main focus on the artwork is goddess Flidais (of Irish mythology) from what I am led to believe from which most of the lyrics are written about as the charcter takes center part, I am lead to believe she is ruler of the woods and wild animals hence the use of mystic like creatures used on the artwork, aswell as reading about hunting hene the apropiate use of imagery through the use of arrow heads and u cud also say the hunting relates to the use of animals. As u can see theres a UFO at the top, im not sure how that fits into the concept story but i know it refers to there song Seqouia Throne which the band have released a video, so check it out on youtube.
So yeh I really like the imagery used and The way the art relates to the lyrics and tells a story and I like the way alot of thought has been put in, as theres to many art from similar artist that use gore and blood and dont put much thought in, I like some but at times it just gets repetitive. I like the way its eyecatching and even if I would not of herd about the band Its something that I would definatly pick up in a shop.
Also to add from doing a bit of research into this and checking out who designed the artwork, it was a studio called sons of nero who I checked out and I was really impressed with there work and I plan to write abit about them in one of my creative Indusrties Blog.

Designer: http://www.sonsofnero.com
Band: http://www.protestthehero.com

No comments:

Post a Comment