Monday 16 May 2011

Local Companies ( Derby)


Strawdog Studios is an innovative and modern video game development company based in Derby, UK.

Formed in 2003 by industry seasoned individuals, our combined experience covers a wide spectrum of game development disciplines and genres.

Strawdog Studios develop both original and contract (license/conversion) titles for publication on Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, PC and iPhone using our in-house, cross-platform technology.

We regularly attend industry trade events, such as GDC, Game Connection, Develop Brighton etc., and are always happy to meet with Publishers interested in licensing our original games. We are also happy to discuss contract projects and outsource development for Publishers or Developers, so please get in touch and let’s talk about how we can help you to develop your product.

Strawdog Studios are registered developers for Microsoft Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, Sony PS3, PSP and Apple iPhone



Looking at some of the games they have developed, they apeal to the casual audience, there graphics are colourful and cartoon like, A kind of style that really suits me and one I enjoy coming up with concept for. Would be good sometime to have a look at there setup / studio and get some advice as I live right around the corner.

I found this company using the site I mentioned a few blogs back, I had a look to see upon the local companies situated around where I live, at the moment Im Studying in Leeds however one I finished my 3 years, I will be moving back home which for me is Derbyshire, while my original thoughts would be when looking for employment Id have to move in the UK, maybe internationally however there is a few located nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment