Monday 7 June 2010

Film Production 1.0 (Editing PT 1)

Was fairly pleased with the footage which I previously shot, Ok not every shot had I planned turned out perfect and the lighting in someshots was alot darker than I had planned but overal fairly satasfied with the results in colour aswell as in black and white which I tried by desaturating the colous.

So I got on with the editing and in not long time at all I realised inwhich I had too much footage for a one minuite film and basically I had to cut alot of scenes as there would be too much happening, I had the start scene and the end scene finalised. It was just incorporating events which lead to that so I played around with the footage. I tried sticking to the storyboard as much as possible but I could'nt get it looking right mainly because I could'nt get it right from the shot with him getting out of bed to falling over the bottle so I decided with editing the footage as best as possible to skip the bottle shot and all the shots filmed in the shower and have the character move straight to the kitchen and carry on the rest of the film from there, and I incorporated the tripping over the bottle scene on the way back which worked well, thankfully I recordered some extra footage.

Was satisfied with the edited footage which took its time and speeded some shots up and slowed some down but overaly fairly pleased with the results, would have like to have included all the footage but Id like to potentially add that footage at a later date or create a different 1 minuite video with him instead of entering kitchen entering shower room.

No comments:

Post a Comment