Wednesday 9 February 2011

Making Notes In Relation To Text

In this weeks lecture we read 'The Medium Is The Massage' by Marshall McLuhan which is a book from 1947, which takes an in depth sight at the way technology will improve and how it will effect our lives and how we will view things. The book is an example of a really graphic book and very interesting use of imagery as demonstrated below and looks way ahead of its time which relates to the subject matter well.




Heres A few notes I took from the lecture. Im not the biggest fan of note taking, because for me I try writing down stuff and end of not hearing what is been said but I understand it is a good form of remembering key infomation, and I did learn a few things from the lecture and from my notes I can go back and revisit which is useful.




Overall from what I remember the book was a very interesting read indeed and even from its time You can really relate to the book and the changes that have happened which the book as predicted. Just look at how easy it is to keep in communication with someone, and how easy it is to track someone down say on Facebook which was mentioned in my notes, which may be regarded in both a positive and negative factor .Also alot of people tend to see no reason as to go outside ie been stuck inside and you can no alot about certain people without even meeting them such as music taste, hobbies without even speaking to them which could be regarded as knowing to much linking to the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment