Thursday 2 June 2011

Other Idea For The Background

I have The City landscape, The Bridge however I was looking for something more to place onto the skyline texture. Firstly to make the background that little more apealing and interesting and less repetitive And also to give an incresead scale of the city. I was'nt sure at all what to include within the texture. I was trying to think of some eyecatching massive structures or landmarks which are iconically popular globally. First I thought about the Las Vegas Stratosphere Tower mainly for the fact is one of the most tallest buildings in the planet, and the thought it has an a little amusement park on the top of the tower as you can see below. This was the perfect idea of research as from looking at this tower and the amusement park. I thought about the idea of maybe including a few rides in the background, as its completly different to what I already have included within and could work well as who dosent like a theme / amusement park plus there hugely popular in USA.




I thought about a fer rides, however I decided that what could look good and dominate the skyline would be a rollercoaster and a Ferris Wheel, both are hugely iconic and represent theme parks really well, And I believe would stand out brilliantly upon the skyline. I first off started designing A Ferris Wheel. I took huge influence from some of the biggest ferris wheels in the world. I really liked the style and location of the ferris wheel shown below, what with it located next to a river / water. I could represent with it well to my project. I also found this very intering poster on different types of gondolas which I could easily take influence by.




I started of with the idea of including a rollercoaster, I thought about taking influence from the tallest ride in the world which is Kingda Ka at Six Flags Great Adventure, As I believe that would really dominate the skyline, However when it came to illustating it It just didnt look right and looked messy what with it been basically a thin track and loads of lines as support,I couldnt get the feel i was looking for, I just wasnt happy with the results.




So I changed my Idea to the biggest drop tower In The world, which I am visited and It Dominates the skyline for miles, It is called Hurakan Condor, and is located at Port Adventura In Spain, and after taking influence from this type of ride id definatly looked better been situated next to the ferris wheel and they complemented eachother well.




However after playing around with different types of supports, I settled on going for a more tradition style of drop tower, which worked well as I designed it to be alot of square shapes placed on top of eachother which was a simplified version however still looks great, heres an example at the kind of support I was looking at.



Heres the final result as you can see below, Im really happy with the outcome. I Included the bridge to go cross over the Amusment park, to emphasis that aspect of scale and to connect the city to the other side of the city to give that sense of you feeling enclosed within.

No comments:

Post a Comment