Friday 18 March 2011

Game Art Design Year 2 Part 2 - More Development

Having a discussion with a few peeps, at this stage they was only a week left inwhich to finish my island, and to be honest I had left myself a very lot of work to be left to do, and the general opinion was that my island was a little too big, especially for the younger audience who would be more liable to get lost / disinterest more quickly due to their attention span been a lot less. So what I decided to do is block off the top of the island and have that as a feature, like you really want to go to the top but you cant which has apeared in many games, such I remember was the Driver Game, where I remember I really wanted to go to the amusement park however it was blocked off so I can kind of have that certain feature, with that I plan on leaving the cable car unanimated, Yes I plan on you been able to go visit the station but thats as far as you can visit, With that however I was planning on having the evil layer at the top, however Im going to move it to the village and the idea is to create a little route of and have it situated there.

Im planning on having it on the same level as the huts and morealsee the same building as in shape of the hut, however I aim on having inferior in size basically demonstating the evil monkeys power on the island. I also want to add a few signs like keep out to give it that little sinister feel towards it, and give the impact of you tresspassing on dangerous property.

Carrying on from my idea for the interior of the layer Im planning on having the main feature is the golden tree which supplies all the monkeys with there natural resources, and have it chained up, I got this idea from the chained oak tree at Alton Towers ehich I visited recently as shown below.



And then from that have a little machine which collects bannans from the tree then maybe having a platform which is animated in where the bannans spin around, and having a few more interiors added such as a lab, giving the indication in which he created the robot, and if time place the robot within the facility protecting the area from intruders.



Fistly I went about the idea of having to create a palm tree, with bannanas, yes I know not a thing exists in real life but I'm not going for realism and thought this would be a good addtion to use on the island, so I had to go about modeling it in Maya, which thankfully there was a very helpful tutorial on maya which I followed easy and these were my creations, during the process I also improved my skills in Maya and learned some new techniwues I have never used before. I then created some simple bannan like shapes and added a very basic texture, and textured in the leafs and stump and this was the final result, Im very happy with it and it looks very cartoon like, which is the aspect which pleased me most, so I then went around sticking it onto unity.



I then went around putting the tree onto unity and looked really colourful and bright co insiding with the younger apeal however one thing I was;nt to keen on was the obvious clash with the other trees what with them been a different tone but you could say that adds to the effect it itself. So basically I just created a little walkway from the other side of the lift and placed the tree there. I then duplicated a hut and upped the scale then placed the tree through the center of the hut as you can see from the above picure. The idea was to have that as the center focus within the interior and have the most other objects around it. Just to add I created a little hole at the center of the roof for the tree to expand out arguably I should of added it a little larger but im happy overall.






No comments:

Post a Comment