Friday 18 March 2011

Game Art Design Year 2 Part 2 - Island Development

Continuing on with the development of the isalnd I then added onto unity my Maya models, which is when the island really started to take shape.





Firstly I added in the monkey huts, and situated them where I had planned, and from the shots you can see above they look brilliant, especially with the ahdow effect in the water they looked really beautiful, Also to this point I added in the monkey wheels which I had completly forgot about during the construction side of Maya, but yes I'm really pleased with my results, although they do look a little too realsim for what I was aiming for, im still really pleased with the final design and definaltly work really well with the environment its situated around.




Secondly I placed the lift and the animation file into Unity as you can see above, It took a while to get the Lift to be fully animated in Unity but eventually I got it to work and it looks really impressive, it was quite a struggl to get it properly aligned too, This one slight little flaw at this current time in which I would like to correct is that the animation dosent stop at the station for long enought, making it hard to jump onto the lift, however I could use this as an excuse to add a little challenge to the game potentially. I was originally going to find a script which would involve you pressing a button which would operate the lift but I think i prefer this use and add a little challenge making sure you time the jump right. Also the physics are not quiite there on the lift as soon as you land the jump it pushed you off which is something I need to fix but for current time it looks really good and animates well, and im very pleased.



Heres a screenshot of the cable car structure, and the cable which has been added. I really like the cable car system, and interacts really well with the environment and offers some superb views. What I like most about this image is the actuaal surroundings, the island looks beautiful from the top especially looking down over the villiage, escpecially if I could get the cable car system could lead to some beautiful views especially in the game mode.



Heres the my model of the isalnds version of the Christ Redeemer, For this I took my game character of the last model, and made the character into more of a statue like figure and then just imported him onto unity, whhich works really well on the island especially when your in first person mode on the bottom of the island and you can see the staue blessing the island it looks really effectie.Im really happy with this figure and the plan is to include a room inside the structure which will be the interior for the evil monkeys secret hideout.



Heres just another overlook of the island, take note all of these screenshots were taken towards the end of the project, so theres constructures im yet to speak about on the island which came towards a later date so ignore these aspects. From this picture you can definatly see how well the statue at the top definatly stands out and looks he's an important figure on the island which I want the players to be informed about. You can also see how well the cable car system / structue looks and looks even more effective in first person view so im definatly happy with these features. I also added the Cable car station in which im yet to talk about. It looks really good and what I really like is the reflecton in the water it looks suberb indeed, and where its located right next to the lake making in fit in nicely with its surrounding, overal im really pleased with how the island is shaping up and I ve sticken well to the my concept art location wise anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment