Thursday 17 March 2011

Game Art Design Year 2 - Buildings and Statues

Heres some concept art for some buildings and statues on the island ranging from designs for the monkey huts to the cable car station and so on.




Heres some concept art for the potential statue of monkey statue in which I hope to include. I really like the drawing and looks great upon the background behind it. The only problem I have is modeling it as it will be very tricky and I dont have too much time as theres other componments, some more inportant to create within the island. Ill have a go at modeling or see if I can create a decent simplified version. If not Id like to keep this image, and work into it potentially as a side project maybe.



Heres a couple of designs I did for the christ De Redeemer statue which is located within the top of the mountain. I came up with two designs one of a monkey and one of a robot, Ideally Id like to choose the monkey as a question ive been thinking to myself is how to I demonstrate to the players that this island is inhabitated with monkeys. However like previously mentione with the statue of monkey its modeling the thing and the time restraints included, however I have the robot already modelled to blast onto maya and serves a purposeful meaning towards the island so all is not lost.



Heres some potential concept for the cable car and hut designs. I plan on having the cable car station supported by a fairly big tree route, and get some nice textures on to add to the effect. Im also wanting some kind of interactive lift inwhich will get you from the walkthrough huts upon to the station. I thought of one idea of having the lift inside the tree which is a nice idea but imagine would be a right pain to model and animate, so im edging towards the concept of a kind of rope lift which will draw you up, which I imagine should work nice and offer something unique. Out of the designs the far right is my favorite, but believe i may struggle getting the shape of the tree right so might just apose instead to a well textured pole shape, that still should hopefully look nice, and the thought of keeping the shapes simple so the audience can relate more apllied here.




Heres a few drawings for some concept art for the huts, for these im looking for a simple shape, which I can duplicate and scatter across the center of the island and link them up. Ignoring the bottom section as there to whacky even with my attentions, and sticking to simple shapes, the middle design in the top gets my aproval however im not too sure on the middle bit, cause at this moment in time im not sure as to what that can be used for and what its potentially adding to the environment though I will stick with it for the time been and see if I can find a use for it. Im planning on including some criteria within the design, im thinking along the lines of a table and a rubber wheel for it to sleep on, just an idea at this stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment