Tuesday 2 March 2010

Game Art 0.3



This is a rougth sketch I did basically trying to visualise things and how the environment might look, and got a few ideas for some potential buildings that could be included, however at this point I had not read the brief and qickly learned inwhich there needs to be a Fort, Lighthouse/Tavern included, A Market,Dock and warehouse included. However some of the building designs could be quickly alterned to look like thus mentioned. I really like the Docking station I included above, and so did most the group,so i could take that idea and develop it, One point of feedback was that the environment did not look Steampunk enought so I need to take that point on. As a group we discussed the potential in including a kind of mining/track feature in which some great ideas came across and The cranes would be great to include. So even though the image was not really properly thought out we got some great ideas as a group how the develop things further and I took on feedback from the group in how to improve the designs and I got more of a feeling for the island.

We also drew a kind of floorplan for the area which we were happy about at the time, this was great as it could give me a better idea of scale and where the buildings would be placed so I could design to those aspects.

No comments:

Post a Comment