Wednesday 17 March 2010

Game Art 1.3



Here are some concept ideas for the Port area of our island. For port area is going to be the first impression of the island for the visitors so we want to make it look interesting and unique. The function of our port basically is for guests on the island to land and park there vechile safetly and securely. So were likely to include a runway and some kind of parking spaces. A idea we though of was to include some kind of vechile parked to the side which visitors on the island could use and fly around in giving them the chance to exlpore the island from above. But that is an idea were going to keep for a later date.

Top Left Concept art - Simple design I came up with and is used in many video games and films, an exammple of this is Halo. basically the idea is the The runway will open to those vechiles with authorization only. One advantage of this idea is it keeps unwanted visitors off the island. However my plan is if they do insis of proceding a Magnetic force will interfere and stop them in there tracks. If I was to go through with this concept Id have the runway travel under the warehouse with the parking. Overall I quite like this concept and think it will work and blend in well with out environment and inform guests well of a steampkunk influenced island.

Top Right Concept art - From the start we all had plans of including a steam punk crane into the island. I thought it would be a good to experiment with this idea and having done alot of research I found this great image.



By looking at it I got visuals on how it could be turned into a port area, what with using the arms as a kind of landing bay then having a lift of somewhat to reach ground level. I thought this was really interesting and unique idea. The only issue we had is that this would rquire alot of prims to construct and could become very difficult to construct and due to time restaints we agreed its not a suitable idea to develop.

Bottom Left Concept Art - Idea which focuses mainly on the use of magnets which we had discussed earlier on using on our railway tack so I decided to incorporate that idea into this design by having the magnets as a place for guests to park there vechiles. I though this was a great idea and obvious use of Steampunk influences. After discussion we decided this was the most likely idea we were gonna go ahead with and develop as it was a simple effective idea which does not require a huge amount of prims and should be easier than other designs to construct.

Bottom Left Concept Art - I decided I wanted to come up with a crazy kind of out of this world design. So I did alot of research into theme parks as alot of parks around the world have incoporated Steam Punk influences into both there rides and theming/scenery so I came across this very intereting ride at Hard Rock Park in America. The ride is called "Round About"



I came up with my own concept based on this idea. Basically the wheel will be located at the edge of the cliff and the idea is visitors land on the runway at the top of the wheel. Park there vechiles and travel down to ground level leaving the vechiles secured safely within the wheel. I really like this idea and is my favorite, however similar to the Crane concept it would require alot of prims to construct and could take a while to build so as a group we decided to stray away from this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment