Tuesday 2 March 2010

Game Art 0.5

As a group we though it would be best by starting of designing the fort area as that will kind of be the main focul point of the island as thats the point in which the area can deffend or attack any possible tresspassers. We all agreed that its best to have the fortress surround the kind of mainland buildings such as the Lighouse,Tavern and Market and maybe anything else that is included.Heres an image of something were trying to recreate but we decided not to have the fortess cover so much of the land and we plan to have the docks and warehouse outside the fortress.

So I started doing a little research on Fortress and to try find any images that may help me. Most Fortress's I noticed can be found on the top of Valleys/hills but thats not something we are planning on doing. All have vocal points of attacks and are based around the city and can only be enteres by a drawbridge,something we can look into, also alot of fortesses I noticed have a kind of watch tower, where I think would be a good idea is to have the lighthouse as a kind of watchtower.



Heres A Images that really interested me,as shown below is Fort Boyard, as known by the popular gameshow, I really like the oval shape as im looking for something more modern that the typical kind of square/rectangular fortress.



Been playing alot on Assasins Creed 2 recently and unfortunatly I cant find any decent images but alot of the cities in the game are covered by a fortress around so I can take reference from them.



I was kind of looking at the image of Fort Boyard and it kind of reminded me of a Stadium, I really like the structures and design of some of the modern stadiums in the world and could easily take influence from to create an unique steampunk influenced fortess.



No comments:

Post a Comment