Thursday 18 March 2010

Game Art 1.7




Heres some ideas for some buidings/scenery to be included within the island.

We pretty much decided in that we wanted a kind of mine shaft in which would allow acsess undeground in which to hunt for coal to use for the boiler, and to keep the city with energy. I also liked the idea of having the Mine carts drop into underground via the mine lift. I was looking at the new ride at Alton Towers and was thining something like this at around 1 min on the video, which is a vertical dop but obviously not as fast and on a lift.



I was also looking at a ride called Mystery Mine in Dollywood which has a simiilar feature, however I love the theming of the area as it kind of has a mining theme with elements of steampunk, and I really like the water tower used which I thin would look great on our island.



I came up with a couple more ideas involving the aspect of using a crane which I mentioned earlier, The first one is a topple crane, which is basically a crane which can bend in all directions.The other idea is to have the crane act as a lift. I think this would work well with the fort if we decide to include a lift to get to the top. Another interesting concept is the idea of using magnets instead of the wheels on the mine carts and having the cars float by repeling the magnets, which is a really good idea which Steve came up with.Other ideas include a Gallows,TNT boxes,clocks and weaponary.

Some ideas which I came up with to be used within the fort area included benches and chairs and steampunk influenced lamposts,fountains and a few buildings such as a kind of coco influenced building at the center of the fort which could act as a clock and could look very good animated every so often coming out. Other ideas include a sea and nature exhabit which could look good and a few other buiding designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment