Wednesday 17 March 2010

Game Art 1.5



Here are some concept designs I did for the Lighouse and the pub.The idea we came up with as a group was that we wanted to have the Lighthouse inside the fort and obviously we wanted the Lighthouse to overpower everything. The plan was to have the tip of the lighouse animated so that it rotates reflecting the light in all directions. Aswell as this the brief asked for us to incorporate a Pub within. We wernt sure whether to have the pub grounded or at the top so we put our ideas onto paper to see how they'd look. It was also likely that we were going to base our interior design on the Pub.

Heres a few really interesting images I found while doing a bit of research



I found this image of an old abandoned Lighthouse intersting as its the kind of feel were going for, one with the kind of fort shaped building at the front which were going for so theres alot in common were hoping for with our design.



I also found this interesting as it does not include your typical Lighthape aeshetics and I thought this was a rout we could go down however we thought it was with the best intentions we went for a more classical aproach to the lighthouse.

As shown are some concept ideas I came up with ranging from having the pub at the top with the lighthouse and having the lighthouse rotate like a windmill however I realised this was;nt going to work. My favorite design was the far right concept which I originally designed to be on water and have the clogs work as tide energy but obviously that idea was not going to work but I like the idea of including clogs. So we decided to take a more traditional aproach and have the pub at the bottom and go for the classical aproach

No comments:

Post a Comment