Sunday 21 March 2010

Game Art 2.3



Here is a slighly modified verion of the market from the previous design I did, basiaclly I decided to give it more of a carousel shape than the previous design and I decided against the idea of kind of having housing on the top, and Ive atached the market stalls onto th axis to hopefully rotate which we plan to do or another idea is to have them rotate to the next position and have it stationary for a while. I only drew one main concept image as with it been round and symetrical the sides were gonna be the same and its a rounded shape so there was little to achieve in doing a top elevation



Here is a built version with a few textures Steve put on. I really like the design and if we could gat it to rotate I believe it will look really good and unique. Originally we he decided to go with 2 identicle carousels next to eachother and the plan was to have them both rotating in different directions.However I came across this while looking at a few images of carousels on the internet.



Its an image of a double acrosel ad I though it would be intereting to put this idea i use following the same idea of having them rotate in different directions. Obviously I also thought about how the guests would be alble to reach the top of the market, and I thought of experimenting with the idea with using a crane lift which Ive mentioned previously and if possible to get it animated moving up and down.



Heres a screenshot of the double carousel I just created. Unfortunatly at this point i was running out of time Is it was heading towards the deadline so I didnt have enought time to come up with concept art so basically I just went straight into building.



Having looked at the image of the double carousel again I decided to add a few more pillars to give the ride abit more stability and seem more realistic. I did this for both the bottom and upper part.



This is a screenshot of the bottom of the lift with the railing added. I also put in a switch which we could use as the visitors press the button and the lift opens if this is possible. Would be a nice touch to include.



This is the top half of the carousel inwhich I went with my idea of having a crane lift which I oringinally made some concept of earier on in the project so I took that idea and developed it further. I decided to attach the crane to the roff of the carousel and I drew reference from some images of cranes on the internet. Im fairly pleased by the results however I realised it is not as acurate as it would have been if I would have had concept to follow.



I decided to add a few pipes to the roof as it was quite bare and it would basically give the effect it was steam powered like most items/buildings on the island.

Overall I really like the design as its imaginative, it might not be the most practical of designs but it offers something different,and hopefully we have enought time to animate the floors so they rotate in different directions which will be a great feature to include I believe. All there is to do is to complete some of the texturing and then the market shall be completed.



Final screenshot of the Market area, this is probably my favorite design on the island. And I really like the new looking lift which i accendently found while searching through different textures to use, I added a few copper textures to go with the feel of a steam punk island and basically i'm very pleased with the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment