Monday 8 November 2010

Digital Film Year 2 - Development Shot 3



For my the 3rd shot I wanted to have an image of the woman holding the briefcase in her hand, as it would follow on well from the previous shot of the man holding the case and walking through the door So I cam across this image in the novel which is perfect to experiment with and hopefully create some interesting effects and imagery.



This is a concept I came up with the image, in where all the squares would join up at the center to create the image of the woman however I was not too keen on the results as I thought it would be too contrasting to the syloette feel i was aiming to ehich I have focused on within the previous shots and to be honest I dont like the image too much as its not very effective and dosent stand out well among the black background. However it was good to experiment with as I now new of several techniques which wont work aswell as others.



Heres a quick experiment I did with different styles of media, I used chalk as the outline and shading of the woman which I did quickly as was just experimenting really with and base further development of the media, on my results, I used red card for the briefcase as to mix to different styles however really didnt like this image even though it was in a rougth state I didnt want to develop this idea any further I just found that the scanner took too much of the detail away, even on the eye This experiment wasnt really sucsessful.



Heres another interesting image I found while quickly browsing through the novel, I really like the angle of the image and the angle inwhich she held the gun as it is kind of aimed towards the viewers and another reason I liked the image it that it gives you a really good closeup of the woman picking up the gun from the breifcase and she has more of a sinister body posture unlike on the other image where she looks quite worried. So I believe this would be a better image to use to create a more sinister mysterious feel, I aslo have a couple of ideas to develop the image more.



Heres a developed concept of the image inwhich I drew around using illustrator then shaded in the black. I really like this image as It carrys on from the previous shots and links well using a simlar style of media and keeps that mysterious sinister feel well as thats the mood im looking for as its a Crime / Action novel. I have decided to leave the areas of the gun white as I have some ideas such as having something run across the gun such as bullets, or even just a shade of red, which would then when reach the end of the gun shoot out.Then maybe have a couple of splatters of blood on the corner. I also play to do something with the eyes and shall probably have them turning to red when shes about to shoot. I'm not sure as to where to place the text yet as theres plenty of potential ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment