Monday 8 November 2010

Digital Film Year 2 - Further Development Shot 3



Im very happy with the way this shot has worked out, probably my favorite in the sequence, first off im really happy with the image, and I really like the way in which I animated the red box to run along the shadow lines to create that effect of blood pouring down. People have mentioned using a more kind of blood effect to run down the shadow lines but I like the simplicity effect of a box as it has a feel of what im looking for similar to other film sequences such as "catch me if u can" as it takes images and simplifys them to an effect in its own which im trying to acheive with this this shot. I also really like the poition of the text as it works well with the shadow lines and i like the way the text apears as the blood passes. I thought about the idea of having the letters apear one by one as the blood passes by but I wanted to keep the text consistant, but was an interesting idea. I think one idea im going to proceed in that was mentioned at the Final crit is im going to have a few blood splatters to the boss which would look nice, as at the moment it does feel like the blood apears with no purpose, so hopefully the splatter provide a purpose while at the same time improveing the quality of the shot, so further development will be needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment