Monday 8 November 2010

Digital Film Year 2 - Evaluation

For my Film Title Sequence I am very happy with my results and what I have achieved within the brief, and I believe I have explored different styles of media which I have enjoyed and learned new skills on Software such as After Effects which I can take forward and improve on and use these skills learned onto new projects and improve my knowledge further.

What I liked about my project was the style I went for as I believe it complements my chosen novel brilliantly by the use of silhouettes as that was a great style of media to go for and I really like majority of the imagery used. And I believe my choice of research was excellent and provided with me with many great ideas and styles in which to develop my sequence which lead me to some great results. I believe I have some great effects included such as the blood going along the shadow line which is really good and original and compliments my style well, I really like and the car scene in which the cars stop in mid air is one of my favourite moments from my sequence. I’m really happy with the font I selected and go so well with the style I choose and look really effective with the blood splatters. I really like the colour theme of my project in going for a 3 colour choice for majority which looked really effective among the silhouette focus of media.

I really enjoyed the experimentation part and playing around with different styles of media as its good to get away from computers and explore new materials and find new techniques and methods in which to play with and create interesting images and ideas in which you can use for future projects. Okay not all experimentation was successful but I learned that some forms of media aren’t appropriate for some projects. I also enjoyed using software such as Illustrator and Photoshop and building into your images and experimenting with different ideas and watching your development come to life which is the most exciting part of the project. I also enjoyed getting feedback off other pupils as it gives you new ideas which you haven’t thought off in which you can you to improve the quality of your work and can help you out on areas your struggling at which is always beneficial . I also enjoyed the amount of freedom we were given within the project in which you could concentrate your ideas onto your strengths and interests which improves the quality of your work when u can focus on an area you enjoy.

Things I didn’t enjoy during the project was actually picking a novel in the first place as I took too long making the decision and that was potential time lost on the project, I also found moments on After Effects very frustrating obviously with been new to the software it took time to adapt but eventually I got the required basics in which to complete the brief. And I also struggled to keep to the storyline as during the process I got so many new ideas in which to develop my sequence further and the more I developed the further I got from my original storyboard.
Things I would improve about my project is id probably have more camera action like when a shot finished, Id experiment with moving the camera as my project is a little static, or even zooming in the camera at times, just to add that little more dimension. I’d also probably include a little more animation for example having the character animated to hold up the gun. I would also clean up a few areas for example on the car scene the cars don’t curve as effectively as Id like which I could improve by using the graph editor. I’d also really like to improve the music as its pretty terrible and out of sync that’s something I plan to go back into after the deadline as well as other areas I may choose to improve on. I would also try to stick to my storyboard as much as possible though sometimes you have better ideas to improve on your originals. I would also manage my time better

No comments:

Post a Comment